- 100 g flour
- 350 ml milk
- 14 g dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 900 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 150 g softened butter
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 800 g roasted almonds
- 350 g chocolate spread
- In a bowl mix warm milk with dry yeast. Add the sugar, flour and mix until you get a homogenous composition.
- Let the leaven in a warm place for 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl add the eggs, extracts and sugar and mix until it gets foamy.
- Add the leaven and flour over the eggs mixture and start kneading. You can use a food processor or you can knead by hands. If you knead by hand you have to knead a little bit more.
- Add the oil, knead, start to add the butter gradually and knead for about 20 minutes. At this stage, the gluten network is developed from the flour, ie the threads are formed, giving elasticity to the dough.
- Put the dough in a bowl greased with oil and leave it to rise for 40-60 minutes, or until it doubles in volume.
- For filling mix the fine chopped almonds with the chocolate spread until you get a homogenous composition.
- Divide the dough in 4 equal parts (weight every part).
- We take a piece of dough and roll it out into a rectangle. Put a quarter of the filling and roll the dough. Do the same for each of the 4 pieces of dough. We take 2 pieces and weave them together without squeezing them hard.
- We take 2 pieces and weave them together without squeezing them too hard. Put the cakes in the trays lined with baking paper and leave them to rise for another 20-30 minutes.
- Grease each cake with beaten egg and then put them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 50-60 minutes. After the first 20-25 minutes, cover the cakes with baking paper so that they do not burn.
- After the sweet breads are baked, take them out of the oven and let cool completely before removing them from the trays.