Roasted peppers hummus
- 400 g canned chickpeas
- 3 roasted peppers
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice from one lemon
- a pinch of salt
- Drain out your chickpeas from the can. Keep some of the liquid to add it later to the hummus mixture.
- Take out the skins of the chickpeas by soaking them in water and rubbing them. This is the secret for a creamy hummus. It takes some time but is worth it, trust me.
- In a blender or food processor, put the chickpeas, roasted peppers, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and salt.
- Mix everything for at least 7-8 minutes for silky smoothness. Adjust the texture by adding liquid from the can and the taste by adding olive oil, salt or tahini.
- I served the hummus with some roasted chickpeas and extra olive oil but you can add whatever you want.