Quiche is a french tart made with pastry crust and filled with savoury custard containg meat, cheese, vegetables, even sea food. It can be served hot or cold and what I like about it the most is that I can make many combinations and get delicious results. When is asparagus season, I like to make this asparagus and spinach quiche with a lot of cheese. The recipe is simple and it can be a very good lunch.
Asparagus and spinach quiche
- 100 g cold butter
- 200 g flour
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 400 g asparagus
- 400 g spinach
- 200 g cheese cream
- 100 g mozzarella
- 150 g sour cream
- 1 tsp butter
- In a bowl, mix the cold butter cut into cubes with flour until you get a sandy consistency. Add the egg, continue to knead, add the sugar, baking soda and finally the water. If you still need water, add 1-2 more tablespoons.
- Refrigerate the dough wrapped in cling film and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- In a hot pan add the butter and cook the asparagus for 2 minutes. Take the asparagus out of the pan and add the spinach.
- Mix the eggs, add the sour cream, cheese cream, spinach, salt and pepper and mix until you get a homogenous composition.
- In a tray, place the dough and put it in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add the asparagus pieces, pour the filling over it and add greated mozzarella. Let it cook for 40 minutes at 180°C.